Monday, October 5, 2009

va⋅ca⋅tion   /veɪˈkeɪʃən, və-/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [vey-key-shuhn, vuh-]

Vacation: A period of suspension of work, study, or other activity, usually used for rest, recreation, or travel.

If this is the true definition of vacation than why am I not resting, recreating or traveling on my vacation. I did start out my vacation driving 4 hours to and 4 hours from Providence, RI to see my daugther Becky (I guess that constitutes travel). I do admit I had a great time there, but now on day 4, I am doing a lot of other things such as getting a much needed hair cut, returning unwanted clothing, hemming pants, paying bills, making projects (recreation) and selling things on ebay. But so far (and I'm only four days into my 10 day vacation), I haven't done any true recreating. But tomorrow I'm meeting a friend for lunch to help create center pieces for her daughter's bat mitzvah, Wednesday Dan and I are going to the Culinary Institute in A.C. to use a gift certificate we got over a year ago and haven't had a minute free to use and then I finish my vacation Saturday and Sunday walking 39+ miles, and sleeping in a tent to help find a cure for breast cancer.

I think I need to alter the definition for vacation for myself to:

"A period or suspension in time where I do things other than standing on my feet running all over my place at work for 8 hours a day, night and weekend in order to stay home and do the stuff that life is really about like taking a walk with my husband and having a pralines and cream ice cream cone with chocolate sprinkles. Hope the rest of the week which culminates in the walk (in memory of my mom) is quiet, restful and ends with the Sun shining and millions of dollars raised towards finding the cure.......

No comments:

Post a Comment