Friday, September 18, 2009

Bye Bye Birdie Review

Go see it...Whether in preview or reel time Bye Bye Birdie is terrific. I am not just saying it because Paul Pilcz is in it as Harvey Johnson , I totally enjoyed the play. John Stamos is adorable as Albert Peterson and I felt Gina Gershon held her own as Spanish Rose "Rosie". But the other critics were right it is the "teenagers" that make the show. The telephone scene rocked as well as the giant jungle gym that was built for them to hang and sing off of.

Bill Irwin who plays Kim's father is hysterical in an almost "Jim Carrie" type way. His physical comedy along with his great mannerisms and voice make the character. Albert's mother played by Jayne Houdyshell was the quesessential stick my head in the oven and leave me alone mom.

Once again the teenagers did an amazing job. I am proud to say that I was able to watch Paul make his dream come true. He was hot in his bright orange suit, I'd accompany him to the prom any day

No comments:

Post a Comment