Saturday, September 26, 2009

Saks Fifth Argue....


I don't know about you but I was in Saks Fifth Avenue in Short Hills last night. We had a $25.00 gift certificate to spend. We knew we would have to add to it but after 30 minutes ended up with 2 pairs of panties. There was nothing in the store to buy. I'm not talking about everything was too expensive, I'm talking nothing to buy. I sort of felt like I was at Barney in the city. You know you walk around and oh and ah because the cloths are magnificent and you can't touch them, because they are so out of your price range.

I didn't even ah at this Saks . I felt sorry for the sales people who were standing around. Their lingerie department was the size of my dining room table. The only action in the store was in the cosmetic department.

Even their active brands were sparse juicy couture, theory, bcbg, spence and james perse were the only brands available. I saw a small Marc Jacobs section but that was on the second floor. Their shoe and handbag departments were tiny.

I was so sad. I used to enjoy walking through this store and looking at all the top fashion styles. Last night was just sheer disappointment. I took my $26.50 on gossimer panties and left sad for this store and our economy. ...

Of course I still oy and ay when I went into the Free people store but that's another blog for another day ....Have a great day its chilly but I'm still off for my walk...and then work

1 comment:

  1. great article Heidi! Well Done! All the way from Aus x

    ReplyDelete