Tuesday, September 22, 2009

What is it with Man's best friend


I admit it I wanted a dog. After Sandy died just after her 10th birthday I felt a great loss. She was a great pet and although she barked alot she was there for our family to cuddle, play and be there when I had a bad headache or a great day.

Now there is Ginger. I guess getting a new puppy is sort of like giving birth. ten years later you forget how tough it is, and then you go and do it again. I don't remember training and raising Sandy, but with Ginger my house is still a giant toilet. I know I know, If I walked her more often she wouldn't make in the house, or if I just confined her to the kitchen she wouldn't make where she lives.
Get over it.

I walked the darn dog around the block this morning she peed, pooped and smelled the entire .8 mile circle and then she peed in my bedroom, as I was doing my sit ups, almost on my head.

I don't say that I give up, I've just had enough. Yes she's cute and lovable and last night I loved that she fell asleep in my arms for an hour (Sandy could never sit for 5 seconds on my lap). But gosh darn if I can't get her to stop making in the house. I don't need comforting or a lecture I just need to vent. I won't even get into the fact that she ate the honey cake right off the kitchen counter or that she is terrified of the 6th grader across the street. Oy vey I had to have another child since I've done so well with the other 3........

No comments:

Post a Comment