Monday, September 14, 2009

Closing up day 2

Going to school to become a certified teacher, what was I thinking. I really wanted to prove to myself that I am smarter than a fifth grader, what I discovered was that I really missed the boat when I went to Denver to study Political Science (although I graduated with a major in psychology and a minor in speech commnication). After student teaching at various levels I learned that I like woring with kids. They are like little sponges soaking up the information that we give them. That they listen unconditionally, and want to know what we have to say. Of course this is the exact opposite of our own children. Anyway, after substitute teaching and then working at a sleepaway camp for many years, it finally occcurred to me that my calling, or what I should do when I grow up should be teaching. Now that I am on the threshold of this calling I am willing to edit it to include my interest in crafting and being creative. I have still yet to figure out where this fits into the equation but hopefully when I student teach everything will fall into place.

No comments:

Post a Comment