Monday, September 14, 2009

A New Day 2

Both my husband and I are fighting off colds. After three sleepless nights I decided to crawl into my daughter's empty bed for some long needed sleep. I miss her, my second daughter Dana went off to College last week into New York City. Although she has been out of the house most of her senior year with friends and her boyfriend I miss seeing her. There were days when she would just run in and change her cloths or tell us interesting facts about her day or Kevin's (they boyfriend) gigs. There were day when she slept out, but I always spoke with her to see how things were going. But the fact that all that remains are the hundreds of posters, tickets and memorabilia on her walls makes me sad that I have sent my middle "kiddle" off into the world. I am sure that most of you in my age group glorious 50s ( I turn 50 in January) are either empty nesters or getting close to that feel a sense of wierdness. Is our job over as schlepers, groomers etc. What do you think or feel? Off for a walk with Dan. Since I am nursing a stress fracture I have to be careful. Doing the Avon Walk in 26 days.......

No comments:

Post a Comment